Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Bells


















Christmas Bells by:

Longfellow Henry Wadsworth

I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

And thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along
The unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

Till, ringing, singing on its way
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime,
A chant sublime
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

Then from each black, accursed mouth
The cannon thundered in the South,
And with the sound
The Carols drowned
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

And in despair I bowed my head;
‘There is no peace on earth,’ I said;
‘For hate is strong,
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!’

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
‘God is not dead; nor doth he sleep!
The Wrong shall fail,
The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men!’

Jeremiah 18:6-10(NASU)

"At one moment I might speak concerning a nation or concerning a kingdom to uproot, to pull down, or to destroy it; if that nation against which I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent concerning the calamity I planned to bring on it. Or at another moment I might speak concerning a nation or concerning a kingdom to build up or to plant it; if it does evil in My sight by not obeying My voice, then I will think better of the good with which I had promised to bless it.”

God brought His own Son into the world that great Christmas night to save us from our sins so that "who soever" will not perish, but "will have everlasting life" with Him eternally". Let's not let Him down and turn our back on Him. Lets turn away from evil, obey Him and listen to His voice. In this I pray dear Lord Jesus this day, Amen.

Sincerely with humility - it is not about me. - For it is about decreasing me, adding more of You, and what is Your will for my life, Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment