Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Busy Christian Is Not A Spiritual Christian


It’s easy to get caught up in being busy for God. God wants the fullness of life for us. But what does that mean? Does it mean? God I did this for you today. I went to work and I did a good job. I helped out with the junior high today, and I managed to fix a bike today too. God, I’m doing a lot for you now. I’m busy teaching Sunday school, and on weekdays I coach hockey. I see that we have this need here and what about meeting with my friends? God, I need to be there for them and I feel like I should get in shape so I will and, God what about the children?!?! God I’m really tired but I was super busy. I’ll spend time with you tomorrow. While we’re trying to fill our lives with activities, we miss the point. God wants us to pray to Him and meet with Him in order for us to have a relationship with Him. It is then that our days get the most full. Psalm 46:10 says, “Be still and know that I am God”. God will not ask us on judgment day, “Well, how busy were you?” As Christians, we need to be able to take several steps back, push the activities aside, and wait on God first. Then act only when He tells us to move. We are not a rotary club, busy in its activities. We are a body of Christ, who should be looking to God in our daily walk first before anything else. We need to take time each day to be still and exhault God.

No comments:

Post a Comment