Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Message From Me

My mission to create Prayer shawls is a traditional form of expressing praying for others in a tangible, physical way. It is my way of saying "I'm praying for you," and to be able to hand someone a physical object that constitutes an entire process of prayer for them. Many of the prayer shawls I’ve made have been given to people who are experiencing a time of suffering or have a specific need in their life. The recipients have been people I know, and have also been given to total strangers.
Patterns for prayer shawls I have created differ, but many of them have been worked in patterns of three, and many have used three or more colors. The number three has a great deal of significance to me as it represents to me our Heavenly Father, Son and Holy Spirit.The seeds of prayer sewn through the Prayer Shawl Ministry and Prayer Worrier Blog are not to pump me up but are for God’s glory and honor not mine. With the need for prayer and some of the responses I have been receiving I listed some of the reasons I feel it is so important to keep these outreaches flowing. The cries of prayer listed on the Prayer Link, and testimonies below show how God is impacting so many lives. This season God joined us together in a journey as intercessors to witness the fruits of our labor, and to support others as He answers our petitions for them in prayer. He has given me the mission to serve Him as I encourage and pray for people so that they may find a more intimate relationship with Him. I learned that prayer is a way of giving others “hope” when they seem to find it impossible to see beyond the circumstances they are going through.

Here are some of the responses I have been receiving:
You are a wonderful loving caring person. I am so proud to have been able to work with you. Even though we never met in person, I feel a warm bond with you. Thank you so much for your prayers. Sharon – Little Rock, Arkansas
Thank you for the Blog. –Yvonne- New Orleans, Louisiana

Bonnie, you are an inspiration in your faith! – Gwen – Kenner, Louisiana

Each one is lovelier than the next. I’m sure they will be
appreciated. Thanks. – Margaret – Kenner, Louisiana

Thank You, I always need God's love and protection over me and my family. - Larry – Mandeville, Louisiana

HOW BEAUTIFUL!!! HOW UNIQUE!!! HOW DO I GET ON HER LIST? – Debbie – Louisiana

Bonnie.....I don't even know what a "blog" is. I assume it is like having a web site just as you have created and you post a new message every day. If that is correct, my feeling is that you have created a wonderful vehicle through which to serve the Lord. It is inspirational and gives the feeling that someone cares about us and is helping to get/keep people on the correct path to also be God's servant. Bill – Baton Rouge, Louisiana


THANK YOU – Dr. Wayne Lyerlry – Metairie, Louisiana

Thank you so much for the link to the blog. I like to start my day with a spiritual breakfast! Thanks again for the link to the blog. I especially liked seeing the photo of Grandmommy wearing the prayer shawl. She looked so happy. I also really liked the photo of the cross in the sky on your moving day. I see these little signs occasionally, too. They help me to move forward knowing I am moving in the right direction. Terrie – Brandon, Mississippi

Your blog is very good. It is very inspirational to all of us. I am glad to see the Lord has you right where He wants you...listening to Him. Cathy – Kenner, Louisiana


Please continue to pray for me and every intercessor in prayer so that we will edify God while praying for and making a difference in others lives.

You are in my thoughts and in my prayers today and always,

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment