Sunday, August 8, 2010

God Hears Our Prayers

“God heard them, for their prayer reached heaven, his holy dwelling place.”
(2 Chronicles 30:27)

This message can give us great encouragement to prayer, especially prayers of repentance and sorrow for sin.

“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked way, then I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” If this promise is true (as all of God’s promises are), we can be confident that God has a good future for us, no matter how dark and sordid our past.

That night God appeared to Solomon and said to him, “Ask for whatever you want me to give you.” 2 Chronicles 7:7

2 Chronicles 6:19 “Give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, O Lord my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence.”

2 Chronicles 6:40 “Now my God, may your eyes be open and your ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.”

No comments:

Post a Comment