Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Will You Pray For Me?

My question today is not if you love me, but rather “Will you pray for me today?”

This past weekend the Lord placed upon my heart the importance of praying not only for those we love but also for those we don’t even know and those whom we would rather not think about.

A second question I have in mind is “does prayer come out of love for another human being or does love come from praying for another’s soul?” All these years my question to my husband has been, “Do you love me?” “Do you really love me?” For some odd reason, maybe even because society tends to lead us into believing that we as human beings need someone to love us, we in turn search for a everlasting love within someone else’s heart that somehow never seems to fill the void.

The bible tells us that “love is patient, love is kind, love does not provoke, and that love considers others”. We have all learned the golden rule as children is to “Love thy neighbor as thyself.” That’s all fine and dandy when a relationship is new or we are just learning to love someone. But, what happens to that love after that relationship develops, and we get distracted when the newness wears off?

I believe in my heart that prayer is a key role when we love someone. Prayer not only allows us access to someone’s heart; it permeates their soul as well. Although our relationships get stale and our hearts grow apart, our souls stay linked with our prayers. I believe that both love and prayer are equally important within and out of a relationship. Although prayer can allow us to see clearly when mountains pile up and get in the way.

If I had to make a choice I’d rather someone pray for me any day than have their love. Love is an emotional experience and often times hurts and is temporary. Prayer is everlasting and can release miracles in someone else’s life. When we pray for someone else; our minds are truly on them and less on ourselves.

I have always told my husband and my children that the best gifts that I could ever give to them are my love and my prayers. Today, I would much rather they remember me for the times my prayers were there to get them through the trials of life rather than remember me for my love when life has been easy for them. My love has touched their hearts, but it is so much more important for me to know that my prayers will always touch their souls.

Sure, it is nice to have others love us, but honestly, I’d rather have them pray for me day in and day out because by doing so they are connecting my soul to God, The Father Almighty. I can’t get to heaven because someone on earth loved me. However my soul will rest more peacefully in eternity if they are praying me to get there before I die.

So I close this message by asking you to not only pray for me, but to forgive me for my transgressions towards you. In turn I will pray and forgive you as well. By doing so will allow us the necessary keys to open heavens gates when we die. I’m truly more interested that our souls are wiped clean than any love that you might have for me at this time.

So, the third factor here today is forgiveness. Wow, it is so simple but true. If we truly love others we know and do not know; not only in word but in deed, we will pray for them and forgive them and we will truly see things through God’s eyes and not our own.

My question to you today is, “Will you pray for me?”

My Prayers: Heavenly Father, God Almighty, I know that your message today is very simple, and I tried my best to convey the words that you placed upon my heart. I pray Dear Father that whom ever reads this message will obtain the forgiveness, peace, joy, and love that only you can bring to them today. Allow them to see the peace, love and happiness of this world through mankind’s eye is only temporary. Father God, please send your angels around them, and let them feel refreshed with your presence surrounding them like never before. In Jesus’ name I pray this day, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment