Sunday, August 15, 2010

Walking In Freedom

(1) Believing Satan’s lies places us in bondage.
(2) The Truth has the power to set us free.

All of us need to be alert and on guard for Satan’s lies. Our enemy prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. (1 Peter 5:8) His methods are cunning and deceptive. There is unhappiness, lies and self-destruction all around us.

The good news is that the truth is always stronger than any lie, just as our Savior Jesus Christ is always stronger than our enemy. Believers are not immune to Satan’s attacks, but we do have a weapon to protect us from them. We have the understanding of “God’s Word as absolute Truth”. God’s Truth alone has the power to help us discern Satan’s lies and then set us free. The more we study the word, the more the Truth will be in our hearts, on our minds, and on our tongues. The better acquainted we are with His Word, the better we will be able to identify Satan’s lies and bring to mind God’s Truth.

When we learn the Truth, we need to believe it, surrender to it, and live it, and we will find ourselves set free. Then we can life the life Christ meant us to live-life abundant!

“The Truth has the power to overcome every lie. That is what the enemy doesn’t want us to realize. As long as we believe his lies, he can keep us in bondage…The Truth has the power to set us free and to protect our minds and hearts from deceptive thoughts and feelings…The Truth has the power to sanctify us-and to purify our minds, our hearts, and our spirits.”

My Prayer: Lord thank you for showing me the lies that have held me in bondage and the Truth that can set me free. Please help me to surrender to and act on the Truth every time a lie presents itself to me. Lord thank You for Your Word that tells me the truth about who You are, what You have done for me, and how much You love me. Lord thank You that Your grace is sufficient to help me even in my deepest need or strongest bondage. Lord thank you that I can find joy and freedom by relinquishing control of my life to You. I understand that true freedom is found by submitting to you. Lord, thank You that this life is a whole lot bigger than just me. I admit that often I am at the center of my own little world. The truth is, however that I am not on this earth for You to make me happy; I am here Lord to glorify You and to bring you pleasure. This is what I want to do dearest Lord, today and everyday of my life. As I do, You have promised that I will experience fullness of joy and the delights of Your pleasures. In Jesus’ name I pray this day, Amen.

“In Christ and in His Word we have the Truth that sets people free. That is Good News! We must learn the Truth, believe it, surrender to it, and live it out-even when it flies in the face of our culture. Then we must proclaim the Truth with boldness, conviction, and compassion, seeking to turn sinners from the error of their way and to restore those who have wandered from the Truth”.

No comments:

Post a Comment