Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Encouraging People Through Prayer




Words and prayers of encouragement are so vital for our life of faith. Proverbs 18:21 says, “The tongue has the power of life and death.” When we speak words of encouragement to one another, we speak words that bring life; words that nourish and strengthen our spirits, enable us to “run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” Heb 12:1

When we encourage others with our words and prayers, we hearten them – inspire, cheer, reassure, comfort, fortify, and embolden them.

Encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11

You know you have given me great joy and encouragement, because you brother; have refreshed the hearts of saints. Philemon 7

It is important to pray for others. It is also important to let other know you are praying for them and how you have specifically prayed for them. When you pray for people, you bring their needs before God. You show God that you care about other people as much, if not more, than you care about yourself and your own needs.

A true story: When a three week old baby needed eye surgery, people from churches in six different states prayed for that baby and her family. The dad was out of work, the family had no insurance and the medical bills amounted to ten thousand dollars. The baby came through the surgeries fine, and God helped the family pay the medical bills in a marvelous way.

The prayers of so many people were so encouraging to this family.

“Let not your heart become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore as we have opportunity let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers”. Galations 6:9-10

My Prayer: Dearest Father God, I just wanted others to know that I am praying for them today. I thank God for the people that He has made them to be. I love them dear Lord and I pray that they all know that you love them too. In Jesus’ name I pray this day, Amen.

James Taylor: Song Lyrics - You've Got a Friend


When your down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, whoa nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest nights.
You just call out my name,
And you know whereever I am
I'll come running, oh yeah baby
To see you again.
Winter, spring , summer, or fall,
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You've got a freind.
If the sky above you
Should turn dark and full of clouds
And that old north wind should begin to blow
Keep your head together and call my name out loud
And soon I will be knocking upon your door.
You just call out my name and you know where ever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Winter, Spring, summer or fall
All you got to do is call
And I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Hey, ain't it good to know that you've got a friend?
People can be so cold.
They'll hurt you and desert you.
Well they'll take your soul if you let them.
Oh yeah, but don't you let them.
You just call out my name and you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Oh babe, don't you know that,
Winter Spring summer or fall,
Hey now, all you've got to do is call.
Lord, I'll be there, yes I will.
You've got a friend.
You've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
You've got a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment