Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Every Good And Perfect Gift Comes From God Our Father




God is Almighty and powerful. Heaven is filled with worship and adoration to Him because of His greatness and complete holiness. God is a person with an incredible personality.

The most tender impression of all is of God as our Father. God wants us to know Him as a Father – our Heavenly Father.

Romans 8:15 Says we are a child of God and can address Him as “Abba, Father”. This translates to “Daddy” or “Papa.” This is so personal and intimate. God wants to relate to us in an affectionate and loving manner.

God wants us to run to Him just as a child would run to his or her earthly daddy.

Psalm 139 – Shows how much our Daddy knows and cares about us. He knows everything we are thinking about and how we are feeling. Verse 3 says that He is very familiar with all of our ways, and verse 17 says He thinks about us that we couldn’t begin to add up all His thoughts of us. Verses 7-10 beautifully declare that His presence is always with us. Reading Psalm 139 helps us to become aware that our Father God lovingly created us, knows us perfectly well, will never leave us, and will care for us always.

Psalm 139

1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. 5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. 7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths,] you are there. 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. 11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," 12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. 13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! 18 Were I to count them they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.

God is a better father than the very best earthly father, and like any good father, God loves to give His children good gifts.

Matthew 7:11 – Says “If you, then though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to you children, how much more will your father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”

God has given us everything – life, breath, and blessing in abundance. He has made the whole universe. It belongs to him. It is His to share with us and He does so gladly because He loves us very much. “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows”. James 1:17 God delights in giving us good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment