Thursday, August 27, 2009

Christ's Character Traits For Our Life



Dear gracious Lord, Jesus, You have told us that we are a branch connected to You. You as the vine of virtue for our life will emulate Your character upon us. May we dedicate this day to live as Your branch for the flow of Your Spirit through us. Apart from You, we can accomplish nothing of lasting significance. We ask that You distinguish us with the fruit of Your Spirit, a cluster of divinely inspired, imputed and induced traits of Your nature reproduced in us. Your love encourages us with security; Your joy uplifts us with exuberance; Your peace floods our heart with serenity; Your patience calms our agitation over difficult people and pressured schedules; Your kindness enables us to deal with our own and other people’s shortcomings; Your goodness challenges us to make a renewed commitment to absolute integrity; Your faithfulness produces trustworthiness that makes us more dependable; Your gentleness reveals the might of true meekness; that humbly draws on Your power; Your Lordship gives us self-control because we have accepted Your control over our lives.

My prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, may you be the mighty God that lives in us as You manifest in us what you want to express through us. And, may you make us strong through tough times Amen

John 15:5-17 (New International Reader's Version)
5 "I am the vine. You are the branches. If anyone remains joined to me, and I to him, he will bear a lot of fruit. You can't do anything without me. 6 If anyone does not remain joined to me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and dries up. Branches like those are picked up. They are thrown into the fire and burned.
7 "If you remain joined to me and my words remain in you, ask for anything you wish. And it will be given to you. 8 When you bear a lot of fruit, it brings glory to my Father. It shows that you are my disciples.
9 "Just as the Father has loved me, I have loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love. In the same way, I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy will be in you. I also want your joy to be complete.
12 "Here is my command. Love each other, just as I have loved you. 13 No one has greater love than the one who gives his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.
15 "I do not call you servants anymore. Servants do not know their master's business. Instead, I have called you friends. I have told you everything I learned from my Father.
16 "You did not choose me. Instead, I chose you. I appointed you to go and bear fruit. It is fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you anything you ask for in my name.
17 "Here is my command. Love each other”.

Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Reader's Version)
22 But the fruit the Holy Spirit produces is love, joy and peace. It is being patient, kind and good. It is being faithful 23 and gentle and having control of oneself”.

No comments:

Post a Comment