Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Praying to God - Prayer Basics

1. God wants to hear from us.
2. God wants to speak to us.
3. We need to ask and not demand.
4. It is important to remember to say “thank you”.
5. We pray to God the Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
6. God wants to speak to us conversationally from our heart,
and not as a formula or ritual.

Praying without ceasing “1 Thes 5:17" means:
1. Cultivating a continual acknowledgement of God’s presence.
2. Open heart dialog.
3. Chanting, thanking, praising as well as acting.

God’s “No”
1. Isn’t punishment – it is preparation.
2. Will sometimes bring greater glory to God.
3. Opens doors to an adventure with God.
4. Is not rejection, but redirection.

Don’t get discouraged when you think God says no, because He may just be saying nothing at all. When we pray we need to keep in mind that it is God’s timing and His will but not our own that impacts our lives.

Song : I Love You Lord Lyrics by Laurie Klein

I love, Lord, and I lift my voice
to worship you.
O my soul, rejoice!
Take joy, my King, in what you hear:
may it be a sweet, sweet sound in your ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment