Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Pray That The Holy Spirit Renews Our Mind Every Day


Philippians 4:8 (New International Version)

8”Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things”.

Only God has the power to control the future and bring transformation out of what has happened in our lives.

Questions:
What’s going on? How do I feel about it? Do I want to change? Do I have control over the situation?

We need to turn our worries into prayers. When worry enters our mind we need to decide that instead of worrying – we will pray about it, praying as often as we think about what is troubling us. Not like worry, prayer actually accomplishes something positive. We need to discipline our mind – and pay attention to what we are choosing to think about then, decide to think about what is true, good, right, pure, beautiful, and praiseworthy. When we read God’s word it saturates our mind with the right kind of thought. Praying for the courage to face our problems instead of running from them, and being honest about what choices we made that have contributed to our anxiety or depression will help us to grow. Giving our troubling circumstances to God and trusting Him to handle them according to what He thinks is best for us while exercising discernment and wisdom strengthens us. As we practice letting go of what we can not change and change what we can and pray about things out of our control we will begin to trust God more and more. Directing our energy away from the anxiety and depression and towards solutions to our problems to take action towards solutions will help us enjoy seeing the progress we made. Looking for meaning in our suffering and asking God how we can grow as a person in our suffering will help us see how we can use what we have learned from others and help those who are suffering in similar ways.

Questions:
How do I feel? What has happened to me? How can I get some help? How can I make a positive change in my situation? How can I learn from this? How can I change my attitude? How can I help someone else who is suffering?

Praying for the right prospective and asking God to give us His prospective of the situation will provide faith to trust Him that the outcome will be for His glory as well as for our benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment