Friday, November 13, 2009

Enter His Gates With Thanksgiving In Our Hearts

Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. 1 Chronicles 29:13 NIV

Do you ever become weary of praying? I do, when I don’t have my focus on God. To overcome this, I have found it helpful to make praise and thanksgiving a greater part of my prayer time. When I reflect on God’s character, His promises and His answers to prayer, I am encouraged to faithfully continue in prayer. Let’s stop now and remember how God has been faithful in delivering us from terrible things of this world such as sickness, trouble and sorrow and give Him thanks for the blessings we have received. Let’s remember all of His answers to the prayers we have offered up to Him and give Him praise!

I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation. Psalm 118:21 NIV

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34 NIV

I praise the LORD because he does what is right. I sing praises to the LORD Most High.

Psalm 7:17 NCV
I am under vows to you, O God; I will present my thank offerings to you. For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.
Psalm 56:12,13 NIV

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:4,5 NIV

Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men. For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things. Psalm 107:8,9 NIV

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor. 15:57 NIV

Pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:17,18 NNAS

My Prayer: Heavenly Father, God Almighty as I come to you today in prayer as an intercessor, I do so with a humble spirit of thanksgiving and adoration for all the prayers that You have answered as well as for what You have done in our lives. You, Father God are the very breath that we breathe and the reason for our existence. Help us dear Lord to see the great things You have done and to not focus on our situations. I pray that as others come to You they will learn to trust You and have faith to be believe in the power of prayer. All glory is Yours today and forever dear Jesus, I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment