Monday, November 16, 2009

Lord I Believe In You



While driving to work on Saturday the Lord showed me this beautiful cross. I looked up in the sky and saw that the Lord formed this cross by His hands with clouds. "Yes, Lord I believe in you!"

God is saying today, “I believe in you.” But the question He is asking is, “Do you believe in Me?” Please, let’s join hands, form a circle and be completely connected - all around the world as we come together united in prayer…

The famous husband and wife comedy team George Burns and Gracie Allen duo took radio by storm back in the 1930’s and 40’s. They had their own television show titled: “The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show” which debuted on October 12, 1950 and lasted eight hilarious seasons. While the comedic couple filmed several pictures during their career, nothing really stood out for them. Tragedy struck when George Burns sadly lost the love of his life in 1964 after Gracie suffered a fatal heart attack. Rather than grieving and giving up, George mourned but moved on to what became a new and second lease on life for the perpetual smoker. He continued performing on both stage and screen for another full 32 years until his death only months before his 100th birthday. The pinnacle of his stardom was in 1977 when he was in his young 80’s. He starred in the leading role of the movie, “Oh, God” portraying the Creator Himself. His co-star was country/folk singer John Denver as the honest, humble and wholesome character “Jerry Landers”, an assistant grocery store manager. Teri Garr (real life daughter of comedian Jackie Gleason) played the role of Denver’s wife. With the casting of these great actors and actresses, as well as a simplistic and heart warming script – the film became an instant success with audiences worldwide. While the movie is unbiblical, unscriptural and fictitious movie-goers understood it for what it was: an entertaining comedy. The plot is this: George Burns as God appears to Denver as a little old man wearing glasses, tennis shoes and a fishing cap. Denver in turn thinks someone is playing a real big joke on him. God, or George Burn’s first job, is to number one; persuade Denver that He is real – that He is God manifest in the flesh. He accomplishes this by performing a few “small miracles.” God’s second job is to use Denver as “a messenger” to accomplish one task: to bring people back to faith in Him. When Denver finally believes and is convinced that he has truly met God and discovers his “purpose in life” is to tell the world about the Lord, he ends up on a famous Television Show speaking as a modern day prophet with a message for the masses. Apprehension sets in and Denver becomes dreadfully fearful thinking people will think he’s nuts and he’ll lose his job at the grocery store. The movie culminates with God on trial, very much like Santa Claus in the movie “Miracle on 34th Street.” As George Burns – God on trial – tries to testify in defense of himself, trying to prove it is really him the next words that came out of this fictitious character’s mouth are: ’If you find it hard to believe in me, maybe it would help you to know that I believe in you.”
“I believe in you.” Those words have caused many to weep uncontrollably. Yes, it was a movie. Yes it was fictitious. No, George Burns is not God. But at the lowest point in our life, in our most desperate moment of weakness, the one true, living God of the universe can use a silly, fictitious movie to breathe words of hope, words of encouragement and words of life into ones soul – “If you find it hard to believe in me, maybe it would help you to know that I believe in you.” This means that God who is someone actually cares and believes in us as well as in mankind.

The Bible says in Psalm chapter 34 verse 18:The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

When everyone we love and those that we think love us abandon us and forsakes us, there is one who sticks closer than a brother who said He would never leave us nor forsake us – Hebrews 13:5b: 12 for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

When all my hope and strength is gone, and everyone gives up on us – including ourself– it is true LOVE that lifts us.

Yes, George Burns, is the fictitious character playing God who said, “I believe in you.” But you know what, today, the tables are not turned by our not being ashamed to say “I believe in You Lord.” Romans chapter 1 verse 16 says: 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation

My prayer: I pray that we are not ashamed to say today – “I believe in You Lord.”
It is You who believes in me, when no one else does. It was you who loves me – in spite of myself. It was you who picks me up and carries me, when I am lost and feel I can not go on. And it’s you Lord today that I will willingly and humbly serve, with a joyous and grateful heart. This I pray in Jesus’ name today, Amen.

This is one of the songs that we sung in church yesterday:

Song Lyrics to Lord I Believe In You By: Krystal Lewis

Though I can't see Your holy face
And Your throne in heaven above
It seems so far away
Though I cant touch your nail scarred hands
I have a deep and unspeakable joy
That makes my faith to stand
Lord, I believe in You
I'll always believe in You
Though I cant see you with my eyes
Deep in my heart
Your presence I find
Lord, I believe in You
And I'll keep my trust in You
Let the whole world say what they may
No one can take this joy away
Lord, I believe
Born from above
You are Gods only chosen one
Youre the one and only true way
To the Fathers heart
You died for all sin
Then you rose and now live again
Conquering death and the grave
So that I might live
Lord, I believe in You
I'll always believe in You
Though I cant see you with my eyes
Deep in my heart
Your presence I find
Lord, I believe in You
And I'll keep my trust in You
Let the whole world say what they may
No one can take this joy away
Lord, I believe in you

No comments:

Post a Comment