Friday, November 20, 2009

The True Secret Of Thanks

Prayer Blog Message for Saturday - November 21, 2002

Psalm 21:6 (New International Version)

6 Surely you have granted him eternal blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence.

“David knew the secret of thanks. As real thanks is tied to the true nature of God. In this Psalm – David offers gratitude to His Lord for specific blessings and ends describing God’s eternal gifts. All the psalmist’s joy cannot be separated from His Maker’s presence.”

My Prayer: Almighty Father of all creation, today I give thanks for Your bounty and rejoice in remembrance of Your holiness. This is a day of celebration and song, of joyfulness and sunshine – a day You have made for my enjoyment. Help me forget the care of this world for today; fill my heart with light as Your blessings fall upon me and I grow closer to You, I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment