Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tale Of Two Pots



There is a folk tale told about two clay pots. It is a story that whispers something important that we all should be aware of.

It seems that once there were two clay pots. Each was carried by the king’s water bearer on the end of a long pole. One clay pot was perfect. It was well decorated, without the slightest imperfection. The other pot was very pretty too, made of the same clay and bright color…except it had one single crack.

Each day the kings’ water bearer would make the trek from the palace to the river below and would fill up each pot. That is where the problem began. While both pots started out full of water, the cracked pot left a trail of droplets along the path. As the days and years passed, the cracked pot came to dread the day’s journey. It was always the same as it watched the perfect pot pour out his contents into the king’s cistern…without having lost a single drop. Then, the cracked pot would pour out his offering, which always seemed to be so much less. This was why the cracked pot finally spoke up. “Oh water bearer.” said the pot, “please replace me. I have tried my hardest but I failed to be what you want me to be”. “That is not so,” said the water bearer. “It is!” said the cracked pot. Just look at my offering next to the perfect pot’s offering. It is so little. I’m ashamed of what I bring before the king.” “Enough!” said the water bearer, as his face was dark as a storm cloud. “The perfect pot fulfills its purpose that is true. But it was the king himself who picked you...not me. And you have fulfilled his plan.” “I have?” said the cracked pot, full of confusion.

“Have you noticed the hill we walk up every day? Look now,” he said pointing, and all along the path grew beautiful flowers. “Have you not seen me spreading seeds as I walked up the hill?”

Then he said in a kinder voice, “Those flowers grow from your loss, little pot…and they please the king.” At last the cracked pot saw that-crack and all-he did fulfill his mater’s purpose.

Isaiah 64:8 (New International Version)
8 Yet, O LORD, you are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.

My Prayer: Heavenly, Father, God Almighty please give us confidence, faith and reassurance in our hearts to know that our imperfections do not hinder us from having a relationship with you. It is You, dearest Lord who hand picked each one of us to walk down the journey with You to fulfill Your specific purpose in our life. In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.

Hillsongs "The Power Of Your Love"

Lord I come to You
Let my heart be changed, renewed
Flowing from the grace
That I found in You.

And Lord I've come to know
The weaknesses I see in me
Will be stripped away
By the power of Your love.

Hold me close
Let Your love surround me
Bring me near
Draw me to Your side.
And as I wait

I'll rise up like the eagle
And I will soar with You
Your Spirit leads me on
In the power of Your love.

Lord unveil my eyes
Let me see You face to face
The knowledge of Your love
As You live in me.

Lord renew my mind
As Your will unfolds in my eyes
In living every day
by the power of Your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment