Monday, November 2, 2009

The Power Of Prayer

Philippians 4:6 (New International Version)
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Have you ever pondered on why God planned prayer? Why did He choose to link His actions with our praying? Why would He decide that our prayers would accomplish certain things or expand on what He does? Why does our not praying limit Him? Lastly could God carry out His purpose more effectively without us?

Our Heavenly Father, God Almighty established prayer as a powerful influence on how and when He meets our needs. The answers to these questions go back to the fact that God, our Creator, created us to be His loved ones and His family to share a relationship with Him. God is so personal that He values loving relationships more than anything. He is “three persons” – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – who lives in perfect love, harmony and fellowship. He created us to be a part of His inner circle of love.

God's endless love is demonstrated when He meets our needs to overflowing. At times when we do not pray, He still keeps everything together and is our source for everything. Prayer reminds us that God is our resource and allows our lives to receive His greatest rewards. Praying keeps our lives connected to God’s purposes and His power. It brings us into an intimate relationship with God and allows us to realize that He is the one that we should depend on. The more we pray the more we trust that God will meet our needs as well as the needs for the people that we pray for.

As we pray we enter into a journey with God, our Heavenly Father our Creator, who gives us a growing sense of worth, wonder, delight, assurance and gratefulness.

My Prayer: As I come to You today dearest Father, God Almighty I ask that You touch each person that reads this message. Please give them the understanding that when they come to You in prayer they will find a more meaningful purpose for their life as well as learn to depend on You Father God as their source for everything. Please Father God open their eyes that they might see Your Glory shine through every situation. Help them Father God to trust You, and that when they pray they will find comfort in a loving relationship with You. This I pray today dear Lord, Amen.

Song Lyrics – The Power of Your Love by: Darlene Zshech

Lord I come to You
Let my heart be changed, renewed
Flowing from the grace
That I've found in You
Lord I've come to know
The weakenesses I see in me
Will be stripped away
By the power of Your love

~ Chorus ~
Hold me close
Let Your love surround me
Bring me near
Draw me to Your side
And as I wait
I'll rise up like the eagle
And I will soar with You
Your Spirit leads me on
In the power of Your love

Lord unveil my eyes
Let me see You face to face
The knowledge of Your love
As You live in me
Lord renew my mind
As Your will unfolds in my life
In living every day
By the power of Your love

(repeat Chorus twice)

And I will soar with You
Your Spirit leads me on
In the power of Your love

No comments:

Post a Comment