Friday, September 11, 2009

Knit Together













I said a prayer for you today
and know God must have heard.

I felt the answer in my heart
although He spoke not a word.

I didn’t ask for wealth or fame
I know you wouldn’t mind.

I asked for priceless treasures
of a more lasting kind.

I prayed that He’d be near you
at the start of each new day.

To grant you health and blessings fair
and friends to share your way.

I asked for happiness for you
in all things great and small,
but that you’d know His lasting care
I prayed for most of all.

Author: Unknown

One of my favorite movies is Steel Magnolias. I love the way the women in that movie stick together through good times and bad. Although they are very different they love and care for each other. The Bible expresses friendship as a special and sacred covenant relationship. They should be relationships that we are in one heart and one mind since they are relationships that we choose unlike the relationships in our family.

Jesus had twelve close friends. Of these twelve there was one who betrayed Him, three that He was closest, and one who He referred to as the “one” He “loved”.

Proverbs 17:17 “A friend loves at “all” times”. (Genuine friendship consists of loyalty and love).

No comments:

Post a Comment