Monday, September 7, 2009

Majesty











Majesty, worship His Majesty,
Unto Jesus, be all glory, honor and praise!
Majesty, kingdom authority, flows from His throne,
Unto His own, His anthem raise.

So exalt, lift up on high the name of Jesus.
Magnify, come glorify Christ Jesus the King.
Majesty, worship His Majesty,
Jesus who died, now glorified,
King of all kings.

As Christians, isn’t it comforting to know that we have “One God” to bring our petitions and prayers to?

Saturday when I was getting my nails done by the owner of one of the local nail salons located in the Concord area as I looked around I noticed an altar that had two statues in particular. While the nail expert had my hand in his, I casually looked up into his eyes as I said to him “I notice you have an altar here with several statues. When you pray, do you pray to “One God” for many things or to many Gods for many things?” His reply to me in his broken English was “I pray to “many Gods” for many things”. As the Lord was leading me to search within this mans heart, I began to ask him to explain why he prayed this way. He told me that he prays to one God for money, another for his business, another for health, and repeated in his broken English that there are many God’s for many things. I began to tell him that I was a Christian and explained to him how I pray to “One God” our Heavenly Father because He supplies all my needs. I felt the warmth of the Holy Spirit tugging at his heart as he kept looking at me and smiling while he had my hands in his and while he was putting hand cream on them. Shortly afterwards when he was finished we had eye contact once again and I paid and tipped him. Wow, what a testimony to see how my obedience as I listened to God’s gentle voice touched this man’s soul. When I was leaving he gazed into my eyes and took my hands into his once more and said, “Ms Bonnie, your God sounds like a nice God and you are a very kind lady to me”. I looked back at him and replied that now I know why in April when I moved here to North Carolina that God sent me to him to get my nails done.

Deuteronomy 5:7-9 (New Living Translation)
7 “You must not have any other god but me.
8 “You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind, or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. 9 You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me.

No comments:

Post a Comment