Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dear Lord, Refine Our Motives





Above is a picture taken of the beautiful stained glass windows in the sanctuary of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church located in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Dearest Father, Lord Almighty you know our ups and downs of our life, all triumphs and defeats as well as the changes and the challenges. You are our Lord for all seasons and for all reasons. We can come to You when life seems to make no sense or in times when we are sad or glad. There is no circumstance beyond Your control. Wherever we go, You are waiting there for us. You are already at work with others before we even encounter them. You prepare solutions for our complexities and You are always ready to help us resolve conflicts even before we ask.

May our goal be to please You in what we say and accomplish. Give us Your strength to endure and Your courage to triumph in things great and small that we attempt for the good of all who love You Lord Jesus.

Psalm 139
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

My Prayer:
Heavenly Father I ask that you purify our motives and refine them until they are in line with Your will and Your vision for our lives. As we trust to put You first in our lives, You will bring results we can not achieve by human methods alone. I thank You in advance for touching us Lord God and performing these miracles in our life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment