Saturday, October 10, 2009

Renewed Purpose



The above picture is of the beautiful Las Lajas Catherial.

Dearest Lord, God Almighty, I humble myself before You as I acknowledge that I could not breathe a breath, think a thought, make a decision, or press on to excellence without Your Supernatural power. I am here on a mission by Your calling to serve others. You Father God are the only one I seek to please. It is a honor to be a blessing. I ask that you provide me courage and grace that will enable me to give of myself to You and to others that I have the privilege to live and work with today. Gracious God, you are the ultimate Sovereign Lord of my life. I respond with awe and wonder and with a renewed commitment to be Your servant to those You have entrusted me as I do so today. Amen


Philippians 3:8-14

8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. 12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 4:7

7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


Man, made in the image of God, has a purpose—to be in relationship to God who is there. Man forgets his purpose and thus he forgets who he is and what life means. By: Francis A. Schaeffer

No comments:

Post a Comment