Saturday, October 24, 2009

God's Wisdom



James 1:5 (New International Version)
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

It is amazing to me how in spite of our natural neglect of God, he uses us for His glory. He shows up with His extravagant grace, grants us underserved favor, and allows us to carry out what He has started.

Have you ever known in your “know that I know heart” that something is wrong, but you just couldn’t put your finger on it? Learn from my mistake. Even though I did not ask for His advice, God took control of the situation. He made good what could have ended up badly. Ask for God’s wisdom. If you don’t hear from God immediately, pray for seven days that He will speak to you. The number seven is said to be the number for completion. If you ask God sincerely in faith believing He will answer you, He will not disappoint you.

I have learned this the hard way. “When we ask”, "we may not receive it because we have the wrong motives". Sometimes what we ask for is so we can spend it on what pleases us. Now I make it a practice to remind myself of the liberating truth. “Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight”. (Proverbs 3:5-6) Now, that is Gods' wonderful grace!

Heavenly Father, God Almighty, I come to you today as an intercessor in prayer asking that You Father God give me and all of the wonderful people that I am interceding for in prayer Your wisdom regarding the decisions that we make. Lord, God please give us the faith to trust You knowing that although we can not see the whole picture, that what You have planned for our life often sometimes affects us as well as others. Therefore please give us the understanding that what decisions You make for our lives is for our best interest as well as for others. I pray this day in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment