Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thank You Lord



Song Lyrics to Thank You Lord

Verse 1:
I come before You today, and there's just one thing that I want to say
Thank You, Lord, thank You, Lord For all You've given to me, for all the blessings that I cannot see
Thank You, Lord, thank You, Lord
With a grateful heart, with a song of praise, With an outstretched arm I'll bless Your Name and

Chorus:
Thank You, Lord, I just want to thank You, Lord (repeat)

Verse 2:
For all You've done in my life, You took my darkness and gave me Your light
Thank You, Lord, thank You, Lord
You took my sin and my shame, You took my sickness and heal all my pain
With a grateful heart, with a song of praise With an outstretched arm I'll bless Your Name and
Thank You, Lord, thank You, Lord

Coda:
With a grateful heart, with a song of praise
With an outstretched arm I'll bless Your Name and

Chorus 2:
Thank You, Lord, I just want to thank You, Lord (repeat 4x)

Psalm 100:4 (New International Version)
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

I am learning to stop for thankful moments. It has become a daily discipline of mine since I found that I was getting overwhelmed by all the priorities in my life. I’ve learned enough about what makes me tick to pay attention to when I feel as if I am sinking. So, I have made it a practice during the day to stop intentionally and take a moment to lift my heart and soul towards heaven and say, “thank you Lord!” Giving thanks does wonders for my soul. It refocuses me on what is really important. Marcus Aurelius, a first century Roman emperor wrote, “The most important thing a man can choose is how he thinks”. We can dwell on the things that are not working and bring us down or simply thank God for the gifts of grace He gives to us every day if we have the heart to see them.

Sometimes instead of tossing off "Hay, thanks!” now and then we should make it a practice to thank God for His goodness to us. If you want to be content and to experience peace with the Lord, write down the things that you are grateful for. You might even put them in a container of some sort. Soon it will be filled to overflowing. From time to time take a look inside to see what you wrote. Soon you will be smiling from ear to ear with your heart glowing from all of the things that you are grateful for. Whatever our thank you is for God’s many blessings, cultivating an attitude of gratitude will remind us of the truth that brings life into our existance.“For the Lord is good and His mercy endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.” (Psalm 100:5)

Heavenly Father, God Almighty, You are the Creator of everything. You are most gracious and kind. You know every heart beat that my body will encounter before I ever feel it. I give You the praise and glory for breathing Your breath into my life and Your love into my soul. You deserve all glory and honor today and always in Jesus name I pray this day, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment