Friday, October 9, 2009

With Presistent Praise and Prayer We Wait Upon the Lord



The above picture is of the beautiful Notre Dame Catherial located in Paris.

Blessed Father God Almighty You show us that there is a great spiritual power in praise. When we praise You our heart and mind are opened to the Holy Spirit as burdens are lifted, problems are resolved and strength is released. I join my voice with the psalmist “I will tell of your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name; O Most High.” Psalm 9:1-2)

It is difficult to praise You in trouble times and with frustrating people all around us. When I deliberately praise You I receive faith and a fresh inspiration. Help me to remember that You taught me that praising You transforms me and my attitude as well as changes those around me. As per Terrie’s forwarded meditation below, "Affliction produces endurance, and endurance, proven character, and proven character, hope, and hope does not disappoint" (Romans 5:3-5).

Heavenly Father God Almighty I ask that You give us confidence to trust Your inner working in ourselves and in others so that we may see Your unseen but powerful presence in every situation throughout this day.

“Because Your loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live.” Psalm 63:3-4

Even when our lives seem unsettled, this is a day to have faith and to truly praise Our Heavenly Father God Almighty while “waiting on the Lord because He knows that persistence pays off, not only in truly appreciating what we receive but in building us up in holiness and faith”.

“If we focus our attention on who God is and on his unfailing love, even as we are waiting for his answer, we will experience his power in our lives-sometimes in very surprising ways.” As quoted from Terrie’s meditation below.

This meditation and devotional was forwarded to me by my dear niece Terrie this morning. It is good to know that I am hearing the Lord’s voice when He speaks to me and that I am on line with what He inspires me to write on the Prayer Blog everyday.

Meditation: Luke 11:5-13 (Forwarded by my niece Terrie).

“What is faith if it isn't teamed with trust and persistence? Nothing more than wishful thinking.

“Jesus illustrated this truth by telling a parable about a man who wouldn't go away until his neighbor had given him what he needed. The point is clear: God wants us to be persistent in presenting our needs to him. When he doesn't give us our request right away, it's not because he is too busy or doesn't care about us. Often, he lets us wait because he knows that persistence pays off, not only in truly appreciating what we receive but in building us up in holiness and faith. As St. Paul wrote: "Affliction produces endurance, and endurance, proven character, and proven character,hope, and hope does not disappoint" (Romans 5:3-5).”“It's easy to become discouraged when we don't receive an answer right away. But Jesus urges us to keep knocking; he promises that he will open the door.”“When God delays in giving us answers, it may be because he wants to teach us to reverence him. He is good, holy, and righteous. He is worthy of our trust and obedience, regardless of the path that our lives take. God wants our foundation to be his presence in our hearts, not the ups and downs of daily living. If we focus our attention on who God is and on his unfailing love,even as we are waiting for his answer, we will experience his power in our lives-sometimes in very surprising ways. Like the persistent friend whose neighbor finally gave him the bread that he had asked for, we will receive the blessings and provisions we need for every situation.” “It's through our faithfulness and persistence that God can shape us and make us more and more like his Son. As we wait on him, we learn to trust him,even when there seems to be no hope. And in trusting him, we grow in faith,confident that our Father will care for us. Just as Jesus promised, we will see that our Father will not give us a snake when we ask for a fish or a scorpion when we ask for an egg. No, he will give us all good gifts according to his wisdom and love”.

"Father, I trust that as I persist in prayer and obedience, you will pour out your Spirit on me to form me after the image of your Son, Jesus."

“Malachi 3:13-20; Psalm 1:1-4,6”

No comments:

Post a Comment